Muskoka Air Show moved to Midland
Midland Huronia Airport
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Don’t miss this exciting Air Show celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and the Battle of Norway. These crucial aerial battles were two of the key turning points during W.W. II securing the victory in Europe.
W.W. II Warbirds
The Battle of Britain Air Show will feature World War II Warbirds and other great Aviation displays. One of the most exciting displays will be the Wing Walking!
Third Strike Wingwalking
Carol Pilon is the owner, operator and primary wing-walker of Third Strike Wingwalking. This aerial adventure at the Battle of Britain Air Show will be incredible.
This is one of the most challenging and entertaining acts, and certainly a highly anticipated highlight of the Air Show. This 15 minute aerial act includes precision flying and death defying wing walking before your eyes.
The Third Strike Wing Walking performance will include:
- Full speed dives
- Aileron rolls
- Full power climbs
- Hammer head
- Eight Point Loop Over the Top
- Climbing Wing Overs
- Four Point Hesitation Rolls
- Wing Walker Head Stand Fly-By
- Barrel Rolls
- Low Flight Fly-Bys
- Thundering Noise
- Lots of Smoke
Air Show Performers
There will be many other great performances at the Battle of Britain 2010 Air Show.
Air Show Scheduled and pending performers now include:
- 1940 Boeing Stearman – Third Strike Wingwalking
- 1942 Supermarine Spitfire MK IX – Russell Group Aviation
- Supermarine Spitfire MK IX 100% Replica
- 1942 Hawker Hurricane XII – Russell Group Aviation
- 1939 Messerschmitt BF-109E – Russell Group Aviation
- 1944 North American Mustang MK IV – Vintage Wings of Canada
- 1943 Curtiss P-40N Kittyhawk – Vintage Wings of Canada
- Aero Vodochody L-29 Delfin – Viper North
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MIG-15 – Viper North
- Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association Formation Team
- 1942 Meyer OTW – David Grainger
- Fleet Finch – Cam Harrod
- Fleet Finch – Tiger Boys Aeroplane Works
- PT-26 Cornell – Alfred Beam
- T-28C Trojan – Alfred Beam
- DH Tigermoth – Tiger Boys Aeroplane Works
- North American Yale – Jim Mattice
- North American Harvard MK IIB
More air show performers and static displays are expected.
Thunder in Little Norway
The Huronia Airport in Midland will now be host to many historical warbirds and aviation displays. The move from the Muskoka Air Show, to the Midland Air Show helps show organizers to produce a better air show for the many visitors, exhibitors and performers.
WWII Spitfire Fighter Aircraft
The Spitfire is one of Aviation’s most recognizable aircraft. At the show, you will have an opportunity to fully appreciate this incredible airplane. Air Show visitors will be up close and personal with vintage or replica Spitfire warbirds.
One of the Air Show Sponsors is Fighterwerks Inc. of Oro, Ontario.
Fighterwerks supplies Full Scale Spitfire MK V Replicas. There are quick-build kits enabling the builder to complete their very own Spitfire MK V Replica aircraft in 1,500 to 2,000 hours.
At the Battle of Britain Air Show, be certain to drop by the Fighterwerks display and discuss building your dream aircraft.
Your Fighterwerks Spitfire replica is built using basic hand tools, and even a novice builder will have the instructions and guidance to build their own flying Spitfire.
The Spitfire MK V Replica is available in three kit types:
- Parts Kit in Stages
- Full Parts Kit
- 49% Fast Build Kit
Figtherwerks Spitfire MK V Replica Specifications (Approximate):
- Wing Span: 36′ 10″
- Fuselage: 29′ 11″
- Empty Weight: 4,000 lbs
- Stall Speed (Clean): 70 mph
- Stall Speed (Flaps and Gear Down): 62 mph
- Approach Seed: 85 mph
- Climb Rate: 4,700 fpm
- Cruise Speed: 270 mph
- Max Speed: 360 mph
Air Show Sponsors
Sponsors for the Battle of Britain 2010 Air Show include:
- Cockpit USA – Suppliers of Fine Civilian & Military Apparel
- Muskoka Aircraft Refinishing – Aircraft Refinishers
- Canadian International Air Races
- Fighterwerks Inc. – Spitfire MK V Replica Aircraft
Battle of Britain 2010 Air Show
Midland Huronia Airport
Tel: (705) 487-0213
Fax: (888) 611-1959
Don’t miss this exciting and rare opportunity to experience Aviation History!
For complete details about this great show, contact the Battle of Britain 2010 Air Show.